Startups and Development Services
Our New Health Club Services Include:
- Business Plan Development
- Feasibility Studies
- Financial Modeling & Financing
- Health Club Design
- Operational Planning and Support
- Go-to-Market Strategies and Plans
An Inspired Industry
Many entrepreneurs venture into the fitness and wellness industry because they are passionate about health and fitness themselves and want to share that passion with others. Here’s why working in the industry is so inviting and exciting.
- It’s an industry with meaning. It positively affects the health and wellness of those it touches and provides entrepreneurs and those that work in the industry the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives.
- It’s constantly evolving and changing. New programs, services and equipment are being introduced continuously making it a dynamic industry that is fun and intellectually stimulating.
Providing Guidance in Developing and Opening New Health and Fitness Clubs
So, you’re thinking about starting a fitness business from scratch. You may or may not be a fitness fanatic, but you’ve either dreamed about getting into the business for years or you think the time is right and it would provide a great opportunity to share your passion, impact the lives of others, and/or make money. However, you’ve never worked in the industry or maybe, never owned your own business, and you’re wondering what challenges you’ll face. There is a lot to starting and operating a fitness business including:
- Developing a vision and business plan that makes sense
- Finding the right location
- Raising the capital
- Keeping building and start-up costs in line
- Attracting and retaining customers
- Hiring and retaining the right people
- Developing systems that ensure resources are optimized, the business runs efficiently, and customers feel taken care of
- Obtaining the knowledge!
The Atwood Consulting Group Difference
Our extensive experience enables us to help entrepreneurs make their venture a success from the day the doors open. Our consultants have worked in the fitness industry for decades, are experts in their fields and bring a range of experience and knowledge to every project. Together we bring expertise in the areas of business planning and development, feasibility analysis, design and build-out, financial analysis and management, programming, operations, sales and marketing, customer service, and human resources. Our years of experience allow us to ask insightful questions and devise effective solutions to the inevitable problems that will arise as you start and develop your business.
Our approach to consulting is framed by strong collaboration between our clients and us. The ultimate goal of our work is to provide a launching point for our client’s vision and a road map for the future that results in success over the long term.
There are a myriad of resources on the web for those looking to start a fitness business. Some key organizations that can be helpful are:
- IHRSA, the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association is the trade association serving the health and fitness club industry. IHRSA’s mission is to grow, protect and promote the health and fitness industry, and to provide its members with benefits that will help them be more successful.
- Club Industry is the media source for fitness business professionals. Its mission is to connect buyers and sellers through a portfolio of products that offer news, education, business solutions and strategies.
- The SBA, Small Business Administration, is an independent agency of the federal government that aids, counsels, assists and protects the interests of small business concerns and helps Americans start, build and grow businesses.
Please contact us directly for more information regarding The Atwood Group’s New Club Services – Click here